VIDEO OF THE NOW

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Don't Miss It: "You You You You You" by the 6ths


Recently I stumbled upon a great song called "You You You You You" by a band (or perhaps it would be more accurate to call them a music "project") called the 6ths. Well, immediately I started hunting around to try to dig up some information on them, which turned out to be scarce, but they do have a myspace music page where the following review is quoted: "The 6ths are a side project of the Magnetic Fields' Stephin Merritt, who produced and wrote all of the material on 1995's Wasps' Nest, as well as playing much of the music. He only sang one of the tracks, however, giving all of the remaining lead vocal slots to alternative rock faves like Barbara Manning, Dean Wareham (Luna), Georgia Hubley (Yo La Tengo), Chris Knox, Lou Barlow, Robert Scott (the Bats), Chris Knox, and Mary Timony (Helium). Brighter and poppier than his contemporaneous efforts with Magnetic Fields, it demonstrated (intentionally or inadvertently) that his principal talents are as a producer and composer, rather than a performer.Hot on the heels of the well-received Magnetic Fields project 69 Love Songs, Merritt released his second 6ths album, Hyacinths and Thistles, with vocal help from Marc Almond, Bob Mould, Gary Numan, and Sarah Cracknell, among others. ~ Richie Unterberger, All Music Guide" http://myspace.com/6ths



Here are the lyrics:

Even though I've met you only recently

I find myself falling in love with you

I don't know quite how to put this decently

But what's the chance that you could love me too?

Who, who, who, who, who?

Has made my dreams come true

And turned my gray sky blue?

Why it's you you you you you

Woo, woo, woo, woo, woo

like amorous lovebirds do

Who made my world seem new?

'Tis, 'tis you you you you you.

You make me feel like I'm seventeen again

You make everything beautiful seem true

I can't wait to go to sleep and dream again

cause every dream I dream's a dream of dreamy little you

You make the world go round,

the sun go up and down,

the flowers bloom in May,

the children laugh and play

Shall we choose the day?







My Personal Twitter Feed!

 
>