VIDEO OF THE NOW

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Decision 2012: The U.S. Presidential Election (Obama is ahead at the moment, so expect the GOP to trot out the "Hitler is Obama's father" stuff); THEN some brief thoughts on "The Hunger Games", ALSO Jax and Bersercules inspire me to invent Fung Fu, PLUS Suzi Quatro and Joan Jett

As an American voter, if you are feeling a bit dazed and confused regarding the political process, you are not alone, friends... you are not alone.  All the negative campaigning, and mudslinging, has left most of us in a rather bewildered, and apathetic state, wondering just what happened to all those promises of hope and change. 

Well, let me cut through all the crap for you, because the corporate run anti-Rebecca Black media, will spin things to help whichever candidate their bosses are happening to support....  Well, here's the truth:  President Obama is ahead at the moment, and the Romney campaign knows it.  (DISCLAIMER:  That doesn't mean things will stay this way till the election.)  Romney chose Paul Ryan for much the same reason that John McCain chose Sarah Palin.  His advisers knew he was behind, and he needed to do something dramatic to change the dynamic of the campaign.  Romney chose Ryan to light a fire under the Republican base.  If the Romney campaign believed they were ahead, they would have chosen a running mate with more centrist views,...a safer pick.

If you listen to Obama's recent speeches, he also know's he's ahead.  At a fundraiser (SEE: Obama fundraises with help of his NBA buddies) Obama compared the current position of his campaign to having a small lead in the 4th quarter of a basketball game...  "But the other side is coming strong, And they play a little dirty. We've got a few folks on our team in foul trouble. We have a couple of injuries. And I believe they have one last run in them."

"Every day I'm rustlin'," Badass Barack Obama.


Play dirty??  With these crazy super PACs, there is no limit to the amount of negative attacks that can be hurled against an opponent.  So in the waning days of the campaign, expect to see the most brutal attacks an advertising executive could possibly devise.

Enter the Fuhrer...


"Before I was a Nazi leader, I was a Nazi reader..." (via forever-delayed.tumblr     and The Simpsons)

It is needles to say, a slam dunk way to win an election is to successfully link your opponent to Adolph Hitler.  Check out the video below to see exactly what I am talking about...



The plot thickens...





My Brief Thoughts on "The Hunger Games"

Photobucket
"I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!" Will Ferrell in "Zoolander"  (via aboutaseven.tumblr)

Now that "The Hunger Games" is out on video, I thought I would bring this up.... 

Am I on crazy pills or am I the only person who has noticed the uncanny resemblance between Claudius Templesmith, and the Will Ferrell character in "Zoolander"???

Will Ferrell in "Zoolander", and Claudius Templesmith


Is that completely insane or what?


Photobucket
Caesar Flickerman: "I LOVE THAT!" (via gifawesomeness.tumblr)

Caesar Flickerman may love it, but I'm more like...



"DUDE WHAT?" Carl Sagan


Yeah...more like that.




I Invent Fung Fu


I believe this is how it went down,   I had just watched Bersercules' new video at http://youtube.com/Bersercules, and then I went over to http://raviolisandwaterworks.com to read Jax's latest article Life: Bethany Beach (or maybe it was the other way around?) in which Jax posed the question, "How do you force yourself to relax when your life is so hectic?"  It was at this moment I had an epiphany and invented my own Jimmy Fungus version of Kung Fu called "Fung Fu", which is all about how I lead such an agonizingly pitiful, and pointless existence without completely losing my mind.  So like I said,   I don't know who to give the credit to (be it Jax or Bersercules) for inspiring me to invent Fung Fu so I will just give them both credit.

But I don't have time to go in great deal about Fung Fu right now, because I want to talk about this...




Joan Jett and Suzi Quatro:  The Tale of Two Songs




As fate would have it, I came across this great song by Joan Jett "Do You Wanna Touch Me" (which is actually a cover version, but that's o.k.) because it is on the soundtrack for the movie "Dirty Girl" starring Juno Temple.  Check it out below...



And being that Joan Jett was the legendary Suzi Quatro's biggest fan, I was inspired to create my newest youtube video....

As you may or may not know, Suzi Quatro was a huge pop star in the seventies, and she also played a character on the show "Happy Days" named Leather Tuscadero.  On this episode Happy Days Richie Almost Dies Part 2, Suzi performs an extremely rare, but extremely awesome song... So rare, in fact, I don't even know what the title is, or was.  It seems that it was only written for this episode of "Happy Days", and isn't available anywhere, (at least in very good quality).  It is available on the episode of "Happy Days" posted on youtube, but you have to watch the entire show to get to it.

I created a video with only the song.  It starts out with Suzi Quatro playing Leather Tuscadero on the episode of "Happy Days."  Unfortunately in the original, the camera pans away from Suzi Quatro almost right away, and shows you a montage of what are supposed to be tear-jerking scenes of Richie Cunningham.  Sorry, Richie...you aren't the special one here...Suzi is.  So I edited all that crap out.  Anyway, being it is so rare and more Suzi Quatro fans would probably love to be able to hear this song finally, hopefully there won't be any problems...



lyrics:

Won't you take your strength...from your friends. Know they love you so. Oh no, they won't let you down. Come and open your heart, see you're not alone. You'll soon be home. Home again with those laughing eyes. So believe, have faith, in the world and all your friends. Just like we believe in you. You can...take your time. You gotta keep on tryin'! 'cuz we need your smile, to brighten up our day. Don't go away.


Goodbye for now, dear friends.  Don't go away.



My Personal Twitter Feed!

 
>