VIDEO OF THE NOW

Friday, March 21, 2014

"American Hustle" Inspires Me to Start the FREE BLAGOJEVICH Movement... ALSO Michael Cera and His Magical Cactus, AND Charlie Brown in 3D

a funny, funny gif (I don't know how else to describe it)


Welcome back true believers.   It's time for another exciting, action packed episode at JimmyFungus.com.  And well... you're probably not wondering what I've been doing lately, but I'm going to tell you anyway.

One of my favorite things I used to do was sit on my butt and watch moooovies.  But, recently I have had real difficulty finding any decent movies to watch.  Maybe it was because of my melancholia, but every film I watched seemed to stink to high heaven.  This is why I am excited to report that I have had the pleasure, since we last met, of viewing some pretty fine motion pictures. 


I finally rented "American Hustle" with Christian Bale and Jennifer Lawrence.  I was expecting it to be the tale of a heroic, straight shootin' FBI guy battling corruption (for some reason I was expecting that).  This is not exactly a spoiler, but it turned out that the some of the so-called crooks were really the heroes of the story. 



this is a Bruce Bogtrotter meme (ft. Bruce Bogtrotter)


One of the key characters, Carmine Polito,  bore a strong resemblance to disgraced Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich.  How  ironic that the release of "American Hustle" on DVD would coincide with Blago's one year anniversary in prison.  All of these factors produced the environmental conditions to inspire my brain to think of starting the FREE BLAGOJEVICH movement.  That and the fact I really couldn't think of anything else to write about this week...




FREE BLAGOJEVICH poster/meme thingy inspired by "American Hustle"


I was even inspired to put together this crappy FREE BLAGOJEVICH meme/artwork/thingy (whatever the hell you want to call it).  The Fungus Army may not have enough power to get the Governor out of jail any time soon....    BUT,  I think if we are are persistent and keep pluggin' away bit by bit, we can get Rod released in 10 or 15 years.  That's when his sentence expires anyhow, but it's the thought that counts.






Michael Cera "Crystal Fairy and the Magical Cactus" gif



Now, let us switch gears to talking about Michael Cera and a magical cactus.  (Btw, it took me like 45 minutes to make this Michael Cera cactus gif, so I hope some of you appreciate it.)  I also had the good luck of stumbling into this delightful film "Crystal Fairy and the Magical Cactus", so grab the nearest cactus and RUN, don't walk to your local video store.






Carl Sagan science quote meme (ft. kitten)


And briefly, I would like to also mention that I am in the middle of watching the 2009 film "Mr. Nobody" starring Jared Leto.  It tells the story of a boy who must make an agonizing split-second decision at a train station of whether to go live with his mother, or stay with his father.  But it also dives into issues such as the origin of the universe and the meaning of life, and discusses the Big Bang theory, string theory, the Big Crunch...  So, if you want to learn more about any of that interesting stuff, I highly recommend it.






the Charlie Brown "Peanuts" movie is coming in 3D in 2015  (gif)



And last, but certainly not least, it was brought to my attention at twitter by "livefastbealina"  (go follow her at https://twitter.com/livefastbealina)  that the Charlie Brown "Peanuts" movie in 3D will be coming out in 2015.  You can not build a time machine and go to 2015 to watch it (most likely),  but you can indeed watch the teaser/trailer down below:







And with that, another exciting trek through the blogosphere comes to a close.



"I MUST GO MY PEOPLE NEED ME" cat meme  (found on the internets)


God bless you all, and please remember to support your local zoo.


Stay classy, Chicago!

My Personal Twitter Feed!

 
>