VIDEO OF THE NOW

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Avril Lavigne and the Rubinoos go at it

Well, this issue of accusations of song stealing by the Rubinoos against Avril Lavigne is really fascinating me. I listen to the song one time, and say,"hmmm, no there are just similarities", and then I will listen a second time and think, "yeah, they are basicly the same song." This will be a difficult one to sort out. The latest side by side comparison I found at youtube sheds some light on this dilemma I'd say... Both songs have a similar theme, although Avril's take is more cynical, and the Rubinoos is more sentimental and optimistic...


Adding more intrigue to all of this is the coming to light, that a cover version of the Rubinoos song (now posted on their website www.rubinoos.com) by the band Lush sounds eerily similar to Avril's song. http://www.rubinoos.com/I_Wanna_B_Girl_rev.mov

And the plot thickens...



SEE ALSO:Avril Lavigne vs. 70s Punk Band
All Things Avril,...and oh yeah, the Rubinoos too
Add to Google Reader or Homepage


My Personal Twitter Feed!

 
>