VIDEO OF THE NOW

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Greatest Speeches Ever: "Bastard People" by Corky



Time to do what I should have done a LOOOONG time ago! I am resurrecting an old idea, but really it's a new idea. It is a new segment called GREATEST SPEECHES EVER. A segment dedicated to the splendid art of oratory, and how it affects each and every one of us, down to the very depths of our souls.

Our first GREATEST SPEECH EVER is the speech entitled "Bastard People", it is Corky's angry diatribe against anal retentive governmental bureaucrats who won't open their tightwad wallets to finance the arts, from the movie "Waiting for Guffman":

Corky: So what I'm understanding here, correct me if I'm wrong, is that you're not giving me any money so now I'm left basically with nothing. I'm left with zero. What can I do with zero?, y'know, what can...I-I can't do anything with it. This is my life here, we're talking about we're not talking about something else, we're talking about my life, y'know and it's forcing me to do something I don't want to do. To leave to go out and just leave and go home and say make a clean cut here and say 'no way, Corky. you're not putting up with these people and I'll tell why I can't put up with you people because you're bastard-people! That's what you are! You're just bastard people, and I'm goin' home, and I'm gonna I'm gonna bite my pillow. It's what I'm gonna do.

posted by Trafony at youtube

My Personal Twitter Feed!

 
>