VIDEO OF THE NOW

Saturday, January 28, 2012

What does "Like a BOSS" mean?

Back during the Iowa caucus I recall reading about Ron Paul's visit to one Iowa high school and the enthusiasm of the students.  "Ron Paul's got his glasses on. Like a BOSS," one enthusiastic high schooler was quoted as saying  SEE: .Ron Paul gets rock star reception at Valley High School | Iowa Caucuses  That got me to thinking....what exactly does the saying "Like a BOSS" mean, and where did it come from.  I suppose to many, it may be self explanatory.  However, my slogan isn't "I investigate.  You get informed" for nothin'.  I wanted to get to the crux of the matter.  So, let's learn a little bit more:

In my research, comedian, Andy Samburg seems to be given the credit for originating  the saying "like a BOSS" because of a skit/music video that first appeared on Saturday Night Live, which also featured Seth Rogen.  Samburg's "Like a BOSS" is evidently a parody of a song by rapper Slim Thug of the same title.  Even though the Slim Thug song obviously pre-dated the Andy Samburg parody, for some reason, the vast information super highway known as the internets mostly gives Samburg the credit for the creation of the saying.  I guess, because it was the SNL short that popularized it.    Anyway, I will post a link to the video,  but be forewarned there is some very profane and disturbing language, and obscene situations, which for the more sensitive viewer, will make your ears bleed, and you eyes burn.  So, if you don't want to be offended don't watch it obviously.  Like A Boss (ft. Seth Rogen) - Uncensored Version - YouTube

whatever Andy Samburg is doing to this giant squid, he is doing it "Like a BOSS"

Long story short, I am still not really sure what "Like a BOSS" means....

On that note, this will be my last post of the day. Once again God bless you, and thank you for your support.

My Personal Twitter Feed!

 
>