VIDEO OF THE NOW

Friday, March 30, 2012

The Hunger Games (time to jump on the bandwagon), Tenacious D reunites (I think), and Chloe Moretz to play Carrie in a remake of the classic horror film

Well, I thought it was time to chip in my measly two cents, and join the rest of Western civilization by talking about "The Hunger Games" movie.  Now, let me preface my remarks by saying, I haven't seen the movie yet...however, it looks like a very well made film, with great acting, and good writing.  But I admit, I am kinda confuzzled about how many of these recent blockbuster movies are based on ideas that are far from original.  I didn't think the basic story behind Twilight was all that original.  And "The Hunger Games" is basically a combination of the 1987  Arnold Schwarzenegger film "The Running Man", and the famous American short story "The Lottery" by Shirley Jackson (SEE:The Lottery--Shirley Jackson ).  If you compare the trailers of the two films, you can see what I mean (1. The Hunger Games Ultimate Hope Trailer (2012) HD Movie - YouTube and 2. 1987 - The Running Man - Trailer - YouTube ).

Oh well....at least it is a good excuse for me to post this video of Arnold's craziest quotes from "The Running Man"...






"You cold blooded baystard.  I'll tell you what I think of it.  I live to see you eat that contract, but I hope you leave enough room for my fist because I'm going to ram it into your stomach and break your gaddam spine!"


Oh that is some good stuff!   ...and it is the perfect segue into our next topic.  (Actually, it is probably the worst segue ever.  I just said that because I couldn't think of a way to transition into our next exciting topic.)  Jack Black and the other member of Tenacious D,  I will just call him Kyle because I don't know his last name...or if you like we can call him "Rage Cage", have reunited to make a short film which is sweeping the internets like the bubonic plague, but only a good type of bubonic plague, which instead of giving you a fever and swollen  lymph nodes, will make you laugh.  (BRIEF UPDATE 3/31/2012:  Thanks to Bersercules, and Mark the Rambling Person who reminded me it's Kyle Gass.  Actually I did know Kyle's last name but I was having some brain freeze when I wrote this.  1000 pardons to Mr. Gass, I have been most revolting.  Umm, yeah..and also Mark told me it's Rage Kage with a K, so sorry about that as well.)

Jack Black and Elton Hercules John:  Separated at birth?????

Well, honestly, I have not had time to watch this exciting new Tenacious D mini-movie yet, but if one of you guys want to check it out go here Tenacious D - To Be The Best - YouTube , and tell me all about it in the comments section...


And these are not the only big entertainment stories sweeping the internets today...it seems that the great and heroic teen actress Chloe Moretz has been chosen to play the lead in a remake of the classic 70's horror film "Carrie" which starred a young Sissy Spacek, and was of course based on the Stephen King novel.  We all know Chloe will be great, but will she be as great as she was in her portrayal of troubled teen actress Enid Krysinski in "Scary Girl"?













So, that will end our show today.


Once again,... God bless you all, and thank you for your support.

Good night...

...and stay classy Chicago.


My Personal Twitter Feed!

 
>