VIDEO OF THE NOW

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Why is Ron Burgundy funny? (another mystery of the universe unraveled), also "Ted" starring Mila Kunis and Mark Wahlberg, News of the Woooooorld

Team America gif (created by an unknown genius)
Well, once again Nellie Vaughn of http://nellievaughn.blogspot.com/ got my attention with a question.  She wanted to know why Ron Burgundy is funny.   Well, first of all...he has 4 names:  Ronald Joseph Aaron Burgundy.  That's pure hilarity wrapped up in a barrel of rabid monkeys.  Oh wait one moment.  That wasn't exactly her question.  She writes:  "Here's an idea for a post: write about why people think this man that plays Ron Burgundy is funny. I want to get it because I feel I am missing something important. My male friends love him. These are talented, funny men. What's going on here?" 

Ok.  Nellie Vaughn was inquiring about the actor that PLAYS Ron Burgundy.  What is she talking about?  Ron Burgundy is a real person isn't he??  Umm..hmmm.  Let's learn a little bit more.  I decided to do a little research into this matter...and like most people in modern Western civilization, I do research by looking at pictures on the internets with a burrito in one hand, and a diet Dr. Pepper in the other.  (Yes, I said a "burrito" and I meant a "burrito"; so get your mind out of the gutter!)

Alright.  So, what did my research uncover?  Ron Burgundy is in fact NOT a real news anchor, he is played by an actor...possibly comedian Zach Galifianakis...

Zach Galifianakis??

But honestly, who cares about any of this.  Let's get down to brass tacks, and the true crux of the matter Nellie Vaughn brought up is WHY DO WE LAUGH??  WHAT MAKES SOMETHING FUNNY??

I have no friggin' idea.  She might as well have asked Chewbacca this question...

this Chewbacca quote brought to you via silvertongued-habit.tumblr

But what kind of investigative reporter would I be if I gave up that easily.  NO we do not give up quite just like that.  We GO ON..we PRESS FURTHER..  !

So, I decided to use a method of investigation invented by Mark of http://theramblingperson.blogspot.com .  In this method of investigation, you ask your readers for questions and then answer them, if you can.  Then I thought...  how is this going to help?  I can't even answer the one question I have already been asked.  "Oh yeah!" I thought. 

What I really need to do is ask someone else today's question (now, I'm paraphrasing, mind you), "WHAT MAKES SOMETHING FUNNY???" So, I decided (when I get around to it) I will attempt to write Adventure Daniel of the Picklejar Broadcasting System about Nellie Vaughn's question.

Adventure Daniel of the Picklejar Broadcasting System
In the exciting video below, Adventure Daniel dazzlingly answers a series of questions from his fans, though not mine yet...  Whatever, it's still interesting.







TED: THE MOVIE


"TED" starring Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis (gif made by me...yes i'm very proud of it, what a stunning achievement)

And now for some entertaining umm...entertainment news.  A new movie directed by comedy expert Seth MacFarlane will be coming out this summer,  it is called "TED", and it looks adorable doesn't it?  (The craziest thing in this trailer is TED drives the exact same car that I do.  How come I don't get to hang out with Mila Kunis all day!!!!!?????)  Check out the trailer below:







News of the Woooooorld


As you know dear friends,  I am capable of being very thoughtful, and very serious when it comes to discussing the important issues of our time.  So now let us venture into the world of REAL news, and discuss the Occupy Movement...what it is, what it stands for, and where it's going...with one of the most articulate supporters of the movement, award winning journalist Chris Hedges.


If you would like to watch the entire video of Chris Hedges from beginning to end, you can check it out here:  Chris Hedges And Occupy Debate Black Block Violence






Once again, God bless you all, and thank you for your support.

My Personal Twitter Feed!

 
>