VIDEO OF THE NOW

Monday, November 28, 2011

A Vampire, a Poem, and a Song

Welpers, I was supposed to see the new Twilight movie starring Kristen Stewart with some friends  , but I guess the kibosh was put on that because it seems I was uninvited...  Oh now I feel an Alanis Morissette song coming on...."But youuu, you're not allowed...you're uninvited...an unfortunate sliiight..."... anyways back to our story:  So, that kinda foiled my plan to blog about Twilight..  Yes, a lesser blogger would have given up right there.  But not here at Funguzz Vizzion...  Here we press on.




So, insteaders, I decided to tell you about my favorite vampire movie of all time.  (Well, maybe my second favorite behind "Let Me In.")   I think what endears this movie to me the most is the main character Boya.  Now normally, you have a problem in vampire movies, if you want to make the vampire a hero of the story...  Because, vampires obviously are killers...they need human blood to survive.  So, if you happen to be a human like me, and most likely you are,...how do you have empathy for someone who wants to, or needs to feast on your blood?



In "Let Me In" they deal with this problem by having Chloe Moretz primarily feast on the blood of people who deserve to be murderously devoured...an array of bullies, punks, and scumbags.  In "Blood and Donuts"  Boya survives off the blood of rats, rodents, and your less cuddily animal types, which is a pretty clever solution to the problem...I think.  Well, I will stop a praddling on now...  If you would like to check out the trailer, go here: http://www.videodetective.com/movies/trailers/blood--donuts-trailer/8276 .




And now for something completely different...







Here is Da Poem of Da Day from the delightful motion picture "Mary and Max"...




Born in a barn...




In the hills of Baronia




Ralph lived a long life.




Then died of pneumonia.







And apparently, I am not the only one on earth so darn impressed by this poem from "Mary and Max."  Username grifgont actually took time to post it on youtube.  Many thanks to this fine person for doing that:




I suppose we could end things right here...  a perfect place to stop the show...  but as Lt. Columbo use to say,..."Just one more thing..."


I came across this very underrated song called "The General Specific", by a very underrated band out of Seattle called Band of Horses.  Ben Bridwell and company, play us out.


Once again, God bless you, and thank you for your support.




My Personal Twitter Feed!

 
>